What happens in sex counselling & sex therapy?
Sex counselling & sex therapy is an opportunity to explore your sexuality or obstacle in a compassionate space. I provide resources and information when necessary and incorporate aromatherapy when desired. We work together to navigate through these challenges so you can gain insight and information about your sexuality and move toward sexual connection with yourself and others.
What do people bring to sessions? People work with me to address obstacles with enjoying or expressing their sexuality. I have varying degrees of expertise in different areas of sexuality and several topics of current professional development interest.
Areas of expertise:
- blocks to engaging in loving, romantic, and/or sexual relationships
- low sexual desire
- wanting more or less sex than a partner(s)
- sexual communication skills
- transgender identity exploration and impact on sexual expression
- asexual identity exploration and/or obstacles in navigating a pro-sex world
- sexual pleasure after abuse, traumatic sexual experiences, or shame
- childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault/violence
- vaginismus, vulvadynia, pain with penetration
- getting triggered during sex
- sex addiction/compulsive sexual behaviour
- how to navigate health conditions that impact sex
- exploring kinky sex
Current areas of professional development:
- Neurodivergence and sexuality
- Sexual pleasure after gender affirming surgeries
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder
Areas of limited professional expertise (referrals available):
- erectile dysfunctions and premature ejaculation
- healing from sexually offending or accusations of sexual violence
- Exploring gender identity (without a focus on sexuality)
Why do people work with me? I take a non-pathologizing and holistic approach to sexuality that incorporates an understanding of how our sexuality is shaped by the relationship between the mind, body, and spirit within a socio-political context full of cultural expectations and stories. I believe there are limitless ways to live a pleasurable life. I believe sexuality in all its forms are legitimate and positive when practiced in a compassionate, caring, consensual environment.
Who do I work with? I work with individuals and couples. I prioritize working with 2SLGBTQIA+ including nonbinary and asexual populations, as well as women, men, parents, pregnant folks, kinky folks, polyamorous relationships, single parents, and sex workers.
Where do sessions take place? Online or via telephone. Administrative communication (appointment reminders, invoices, etc.) is conducted via e-mail.
Complimentary 20min consult. Everyone can book a complimentary 20min phone consult to see if these services are the best fit for your needs.
Fees. Sessions are $150/hour for individuals and $200/hour for relationships/couples. I am a Registered Psychotherapist and my fees are covered by insurance companies that cover registered psychotherapists or receipts are eligible for a CRA tax credits on your personal income tax.