What happens in sex counselling & sex therapy?
Sex counselling & sex therapy is an opportunity to explore your sexuality or obstacle in a space free of judgement. I provide resources and information when necessary and incorporate aromatherapy when desired. We work together to navigate through these challenges so you can enjoy the sex life you want.
Why do people see me? I take a non-pathologizing, non-judgmental, holistic approach to sexuality that incorporates an understanding of how our sexuality is shaped by the relationship between the mind, body, and spirit. I believe there are limitless ways to live a pleasurable life. I believe sexuality in all its forms are legitimate and positive when practiced in a compassionate, caring, consensual environment.
Is there any touch involved? No, I do not use any touch as part of my services. Instead, we talk! I may assign activities to try at home and we may discuss noticing different sensations and feelings in your body but there is no touch involved in-session between myself and clients.
Who do I work with? I work with individuals and couples. I specialize in working with women, 2SLGBTQIA+ including nonbinary and asexual folks, men, parents, pregnant folks, kinky folks, polyamorous relationships, single parents, and sex workers.
What do people bring to sessions? People work with me to address obstacles with enjoying or expressing their sexuality such as:
- blocks to engaging in loving, romantic, and/or sexual relationships
- wanting more or less sex than their partners
- to improve sexual communication skills
- to thrive after abuse, traumatic sexual experiences, or shame
- to address conditions such as pain with penetration, erectile dysfunction, vaginismus/vulvodynia, premature ejaculation, sex addiction/compulsive sexual behaviour, low desire, health conditions that impact sex, and more
- to gain insight, guidance, or knowledge on their path to uninhibited sexual expression
Complimentary 30min consult. Everyone can book a complimentary 30min phone consult to see if these services are the best fit for your needs. In these sessions you will have an opportunity to ask me anything and everything about what I offer including possible referrals if necessary.
Fees. Sessions are $150/hour. I am a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) under the supervision of a registered Social Worker. My fees are often covered by insurance companies and receipts are eligible for a CRA tax credit on your personal income tax.