What’s it like to work with a relationship counsellor and couples therapist?
Why do people see me? Relationship counselling and couples therapy with myself is focused on sexuality and sexual expression within relationships. I take a non-pathologizing and holistic approach to relationships that incorporates an understanding of how our relationships are shaped by the interconnection between the mind, body, and spirit within a socio-political context full of cultural expectations and stories. I believe there are limitless ways to live in relationship. I believe there are limitless ways to be in relationship with ourselves and one another. I believe relationships in all its forms are legitimate and positive when practiced in a compassionate, caring, consensual manner.
What do people bring to sessions? People work with me to address obstacles with enjoying or expressing their sexuality. I have varying degrees of expertise in different areas of relationships and sexuality including several topics of current professional development interest.
Areas of expertise:
- blocks to engaging in loving, romantic, and/or sexual relationships
- low sexual desire
- wanting more or less sex than a partner(s)
- sexual communication skills
- transgender identity exploration and impact on sexual expression
- sexual pleasure after abuse, traumatic sexual experiences, or shame
- childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault/violence
- vaginismus, vulvadynia, pain with penetration
- getting triggered during sex
- sex addiction/compulsive sexual behaviour
- how to navigate health conditions that impact sex
- exploring kinky sex
- polyamory/non-monogamous relationships
Current areas of professional development:
- Neurodivergence and sexuality
- Sexual pleasure after gender affirming surgeries
Areas of limited professional expertise (referrals available):
- erectile dysfunctions and premature ejaculation
- healing from sexually offending or accusations of sexual violence
- Exploring gender identity (without a focus on sexuality)
Who do I work with? I specialize in working with individuals and couples. I prioritize working with 2SLGBTQIA+ including nonbinary and asexual populations, as well as women, men, parents, pregnant folks, kinky folks, polyamorous relationships, single parents, and sex workers.
Complimentary 20min consult. Everyone can book a complimentary 20min phone consult to see if these services are the best fit for both yourself and your partner. Please make sure both yourself and your partner are available for the consultation.
Fees. Sessions are $200/hour for relationships/couples. I am a Registered Psychotherapist and my fees are covered by insurance companies that cover registered psychotherapists or receipts are eligible for a CRA tax credits on your personal income tax.